[MEncoder-users] options in ~/.mplayer/mencoder aren't accepted

Andreas Gick andreasgick at web.de
Wed Jul 19 10:29:50 CEST 2006

Hello,
according to a post to this mailing list the configuration file
~/.mplayer/mencoder should work with the same syntax as ~/.mplayer/config.
But this doesn't seem to be quite the case.

I want to record from my tv capture card with mencoder, so I put some options
into the config-file in order to have a shorter command line. Therefore I
just copied over my options for watching tv in  ~/.mplayer/config which look
like this:
tv=driver=v4l2:input=0:width=768:height=576:amode=1:forcechan=2:chanlist=europe-west

But mencoder complains, "Selected input hasn't got a tuner!", while it works
with mplayer. Nevertheless putting the above options into the command line,
mencoder works without problems.

Version: MPlayer/mencoder 1.0pre8-3.4.6

Hope that someone can explain me the right syntax.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas