[MEncoder-users] WMV3

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 18:07:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 7/12/06, NAD <indocisco at qasim-ent.com> wrote:

> > Dear All,
> > I am using MEncoder on Fedora core 4 and its working fine. Now I want to
> > encode mpeg2 to WMV3 on Fedora core 4. Please help me.
>
> Then you're screwed! ;-)
>
> WMV3 encoding isn't supported yet. Decoding is currently only
> supported through a binary decoder; however, a native decoder is under
> way and works quite well already.

> Thanks G POIRIER. I am waiting for this codec (WMV3) for encoding. Can you
> please tell me the approximate time to complete work on this codec.
>
> Thanks once again

Please read again, I wrote DEcoding! ;-)

If you want to follow the work on WMV3 DEcoding, then you can read the
blog of the person who works on it: http://codecs.multimedia.cx/

You can expect a "almost completely" working version by the end of summer.

WMV3 ENcoding isn't gonna be supported anytime soon, as no one
publicly works on it for FFMpeg.

Guillaume
--
"Bald guys never have a bad hair day."