[MEncoder-users] Generate mp4 with subtitles for ipod

Everett everettraygun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 12:50:12 CEST 2006

you could try this:
you could use output format rawvideo, with only the video and subtitles
(-nosound).  you could use mplayer -ao pcm to copy, then reencode the audio,
with faac or lame.
then you could use mp4creator to add the video and sound to mp4 file format.
I've been doing that when I encode with x264, and it works pretty good,
sometimes with audio sync issues.
are you using linux?  mp4creator is part of mpeg4ip or mp4v2 or something like
that.
sorry, have to go to work now.

http://www.shadowrise.com