[MEncoder-users] Remove gmc

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 11:56:09 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/29/06, Danilo Berardi <danilo.berardi at poste.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> Avi is a cartoon: I will use -cartoon.
> I have an avi file (xvid + ac3) with gmc enabled.
> I must remove gmc flag with no loose quality.
>
> Exist some mencoded's option for reencode my file without lose quality?
> I do not know all original encode parameters.
> Final size is no problem and time to reencode it is no a problem but final
> file must be an xvid.

RTFM: http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/mencoder.html
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/encoding-guide.html

just re-encode with big bitrate (like 1700kbps) and you'll be fine.

Guillaume
--
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

MPlayer's doc isn't up-to-date. Visit my updated mirror here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/