[MEncoder-users] Problems when creating video dvd

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:21:17 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/16/06, Sebastian <sebastian_ml at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Mo, Jan 16, 2006 at 12:39:04 -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> > Using -nosound is also a bad idea. In order to test stuffs (options,
> > dvdauthor, mplex, etc) I would suggest you to encode only a small
> > portion of the movie. You can use -frames 10000 in order to encode
> > few minutes. Test the results and when you have found a working
> > command line, encode the whole movie.
>
> You're right, will do. I just get this feeling that this is all about
> "harddup". I left it out because I didn't see it in the guide ->
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-vcd-dvd.html
> It definitely is in there, but too late, in the "Putting it all
> Together" section. It should be mentioned early on (with a short explanation
> of its meaning, what it does and why one needs it for mpeg encoding).
>
> Anyone cares to change that? :)

I could change it, but I need to be dead sure that this option is
absolutely necessary. Nico, can you confirm?

Guillaume
--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/