[MEncoder-users] Changing aspect of DV AVI file from 4/3 to 16/9?

Per Olesen polesen at nordija.com
Sun Jan 15 14:10:40 CET 2006

Hi,

I have som AVI files with DV in them from my digital video camera.
The DV is from 4:3 recordings, and I would like to convert them to 16:9.
Is this possible while still keeping it in DV format?

I've tried:

        mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts aspect=16/9 -oac copy -o output.avi
-i input.avi

That certainly seems to change aspect to 16/9, but the video file is
*much* smaller and lower quality, so I guess it is not DV anymore.

?

Any help appreciated, Per