[MEncoder-users] DVD with .srt subtitles

Domjan Svilkovic dsvilko at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 22:51:09 CET 2006

On 1/12/06, Giacomo Comes <comes at naic.edu> wrote:
> 1.0pre7 does the correct thing. If there is no -sid and there is -sub it display
> the text subtitle.
>
> CVS appears to be broken (only MPlayer, MEncoder appears ok).
> It always displays a subtitle from a dvd (even if you do not use the option
> -sid). Hopefully it will be fixed.

Thanks for the prompt and informative reply!
Yes, I am running a CVS version but MEncoder is also broken. :( I can
re-encode AVI and add a text subtitles but when I try to add the same
subtitles while encoding a DVD title I get no subtitles at all.
I'll try with the last stable release.

Thanks again!

Domjan