[MEncoder-users] DVD with .srt subtitles

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Thu Jan 12 21:50:32 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 08:57:26PM +0100, Domjan Svilkovic wrote:
> Is it possible to rip (or watch) a DVD title with a .srt (-sub ...) subtitles?
> mplayer dvd://1 -sub subtitles.srt ignores the SRT subtitles and
> displays the standard DVD subtitles. I want to integrate the .srt
> subtitles into a ripped DVD split into one AVI per chapter. Can it be
> done?

1.0pre7 does the correct thing. If there is no -sid and there is -sub it display
the text subtitle.

CVS appears to be broken (only MPlayer, MEncoder appears ok).
It always displays a subtitle from a dvd (even if you do not use the option
-sid). Hopefully it will be fixed.

Nico, can this be related to a your recent patch?

Giacomo