[MEncoder-users] encoding avi with more than one audio track

Stass stas at kit.tomsk.ru
Tue Jan 10 10:30:46 CET 2006

Tomáš Bažant пишет:

> AVI is a container holding video and up to 2 (am I wrong) audio
> streams. you can swith between audio streams using several tools: in
> windows i used to use 'mmswitch' and then 'media player classic' which
> was able to do so, in linux the players usually already know how to
> handle more audio streams and are able to swith between them
>
> Stass wrote:
>

>>> mplayer -aid 2
>>>
>>> You don't seem to understand what an AVI is.
>>>

>> I cann't understand how You will select the audio tracks... I encoded
>> a lot of them, I do not think I know not what avi is, although there
>> is a possibility to study always. I know it consists of audio and
>> video streams.
>

> AVI is a container holding video and up to 2 (am I wrong) audio
> streams. you can swith between audio streams using several tools: in
> windows i used to use 'mmswitch' and then 'media player classic' which
> was able to do so, in linux the players usually already know how to
> handle more audio streams and are able to swith between them

Thank You VERY MUCH! I didn't know that there are possible up to 2
streams, I thought only one, and, consequently, didn't know on
possibility of a player to play them separatly!
Can't You tell me please, how to take separate audio tracks from a DVD
and then to merge them into 1 avi under Linux?! Thank You!