[MEncoder-users] non-interleaved mkv file

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Thu Jan 5 19:38:08 CET 2006

I have a non-interleaved mkv file that plays fine in mplayer,
but when I use it as input to mencoder the a/v sync fails.

Using the ni, -mc and -bps/nobps options in various combinations
seems to have no effect at all.

Is there a way to leverage the ability of mplayer to play the
file as input for mencoder using a pipe or fifo?

Would that be likely to solve the problem? I suspect it will
not, but perhaps there is a "trick" that somebody knows for
dealing with these things.