[MEncoder-users] Convert WMV to FLV with 64 bit Linux?

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Sat Feb 18 03:05:29 CET 2006

My ultimate goal is to convert WMV to FLV on Linux (RHEL4, AMD64).  I've
tried straight up ffmpeg, but it doesn't work unless you can compile the
VC1 reference encoder in.  I can't get the reference implementation to
compile at all, the instructions here
http://multimedia.cx/eggs/hooking-up-the-smpte-vc-1-decoder-in-ffmpeg/
don't work.  The make command fails.

I then read about using mencoder with the Windows binary DLLs.  I got
mplayer to find the win32 .dll's but as I'm on a 64 bit OS, those DLL's
don't work.  Argh.

Is there an easy workaround for either of these problems?  Another
option I've overlooked?

Thanks
-jsd-