[MEncoder-users] Re: mencoder - wmv to mp3 / rm to mp3 / wmv to mp4 / rm to mp4

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 02:44:40 CET 2006

RC wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:25:05 +0000 (UTC) Tony
> <tmugavero at talkpoint.com> wrote:
>
>> prompt>mencoder test.rm -oac mp3lame -lameopts preset=32 -lameopts
>> ratio=100 -lameopts aq=9 -lameopts br=3 2 -ovc frameno -of rawaudio
>> -o c:\test.mp3
>
> You're not creating an MP3 file, you're creating an AVI file, which
> happens to have MP3-encoded audio.

...he is?

He does have '-of rawaudio', which would seem to override the default
(AVI) output container. I don't know whether or not that could be
considered a valid MP3 (I've never been clear on exactly how an MP3
stream in a multi-stream container differs from an MP3 file independent
of any other container), but unless I'm much mistaken it shouldn't be an
AVI.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.