[MEncoder-users] Re-encoding mpeg-2 to Xvid problem.

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Dec 29 05:24:44 CET 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:35:26 -0500
Emery Guevremont <emery.guevremont at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's the log output. One thing I noticed is that mencoder mentions
> its  using "bitrate=687kbit/s", but later on, mencoder says the video
> stream  is 3056.743 kbit/s.

That output doesn't provide any clues.

Though, you are using a very old version, and I would just guess it's an
unoffical package of MPlayer as well.  Use latest SVN to see if the
problem goes away.

You might also compile xvid from source as well.

If you still have the same problem, post the full verbose (-v) output.

(and you don't need to CC me in the future)