[MEncoder-users] Deinterlacing or iVTC and "best settings"

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Dec 17 16:41:11 CET 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:18:52 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> > Perhaps I should have said: "evenly divisible" to be clear.
>
> Hmm... maybe my English is too limited to get the point, but did you
> maybe mean integer multiples of 4? Though that is usually assumed I
> guess *g*

Yes

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=evenly
8.  exactly expressible in integers, or in tens, hundreds, etc.,
without fractional parts: an even seven miles.

Also:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=divisible
2.	Mathematics.
a.	capable of being evenly divided, without remainder.

I guess "evenly" was too vague (and as you said, not strictly
necessary to get the point across), especially considering the number of
non-native speakers on this list.