[MEncoder-users] windows mencoder -edl issue

pfile at pacbell.net pfile at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 16 06:00:39 CET 2006

Gary C. New wrote:

> is actually my hardware capture card (Maui-III).  For
> some reason it outputs mpeg2 files with non-standard
> timing (i.e., thus the resulting -edlout below).

just for the record, i dont think this is 'non standard timing' -
you're seeing the PTS values that the encoder at the TV station is
generating. in my experience they don't reset these PTSs at the
beginning of a program, they just free run.

sounds like you've found an mencoder-based solution, but projectX can
also reset the PTS, at least if you demultiplex the file. probably it
can do it even when outputting a TS again as well.

rob