[MEncoder-users] Reparing a DVD/mpg, possible?

karl-heinz-1950 at web.de karl-heinz-1950 at web.de
Thu Dec 14 05:32:26 CET 2006

Hi,

sometimes I have some problems with my set-top DVD recorder. When playing the DVD it gets stuck jumps a bit forward, gets stuck again, plays a bit and so on. Some DVD File I can copy via normal cp to my harddrive and everything is fine, for some others the cp command just fails.

1. Question
Can mencoder check (and correct) a DVD/mpeg File on a hard disk?

2. Question
Can mencoder copy a file from DVD to harddrive and correct corupt blocks, or delete them? (May be I only use a fraction of a second better than waiting 5 minutes to "view" 10 seconds of a movie).

I couldn't find anything in the documentation, either there is nothing or I am blind... thought is worth to ask anyway.

Thanks,
K.