[MEncoder-users] windows mencoder -edl issue

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 00:15:10 CET 2006

I discovered the problem.  It is because of comskip.

When I use comskip to generate the edl file I get:

0.03	78.51	0
648.81	795.43	0
1622.25	1771.74	0
1979.01	1979.04	0

When I generate the edl file manually using mplayer
and -edlout I get:

71836.203125 71914.710938 0
72484.578125 72631.664063 0
73458.453125 73558.757813 0
73587.757813 73815.257813 0

And when I feed the manually created mplayer -edlout
file to mencoder it transcodes the video correctly
leaving all the delete list segments out.

Any idea why the two very different edl files?  Why
will the first skip segment work under the comskip
-edl file, but none of the remaining segments?  Why
does the manually generated mplayer -edlout file work
perfectly?

Thank you for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary