[MEncoder-users] windows mencoder -edl issue

SZABO Zsolt szazs at mm.bme.hu
Mon Dec 4 11:05:19 CET 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Gary C. New wrote:

> When I tested the windows mencoder cvs about a year
> ago, I was experiencing issues with the edl option.
> Mencoder would only use the first edl skip line when
> transcoding a multi-line edl file (only the first
> commercial would be removed from the new file).

What do you mean under "multi-line edl file"?
I use such one with success:
$ cat z.edl
1212.0 1386.520020 0
2731.4 3310.239990 0
4597.5 5092.879883 0
7499.1 8000 0

> When I upgraded the other day to rc1, I was hoping
> that this issue had been remedied.  Unfortuntely, it
> appears that the same issue is still present.
>
> Any ideas why this is still an issue?

What is the command you have been trying with?
-hr-edl-seek and -ovc copy doesn't like eachother...
(one should reencode the full avi, if this is the problem)

sZs