[MEncoder-users] Mencoder stops encoding after a few minutes

Pierre Catello pierre.catello at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 20:50:32 CET 2006

2006/12/2, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net>:

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:17:35 +0100
> "Pierre Catello" <pierre.catello at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I then tried to play the dv file in mplayer, which crash immediately :
> > ----
> > MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
> > - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
> >   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
> > disassembly. Details in
> > DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash. - MPlayer crashed.
> > This shouldn't happen. ----
>
> Send a full bugreport.  A 90MB sample is probably a bit much to expect
> most people to download.

Thats right.

However, I read most of MPlayer and MEncoder docs. I searched all the
mailing list archive regarding possibe solutions. I then read MEncoder
documentation regarding bug report, and the procedure to follow in cases of
crashes, namely :

You have to run MPlayer inside *gdb* and send us the complete output or if
you have a core dump of the crash you can extract useful information from
the Core file. Here's how:
Good bug reports are a very valuable contribution to the development of any
software project. But just like writing good software, good problem reports
involve some work. Please realize that most developers are extremely busy
and receive obscene amounts of email. So while your feedback is crucial in
improving MPlayer and very much appreciated, please understand that you have
to provide *all* of the information we request and follow the instructions
in this document closely

I realized that, as a newbie and ordinary user, I wasn't able to provide a
good bug report by running Mplayer inside gdb, so I didn't even consider
sending a bug report.

All I can do is posting a smaller file :
 http://dl-3.free.fr/52616e646f6d495695a9c93e9ed1baa724d78779c28afd5f3c4ec29e3776e7f8/crash2.avi

Pierre