[MEncoder-users] Yadif 3 and FPS ?

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 22:26:51 CET 2006

On 12/1/06, Pierre Catello <pierre.catello at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a minor question regarding yadif (mode 3) :
> should I use it together -fps 50 (even though the input a PAL DV stream at
> 25 fps (with each frames composed of two fields weaved together), or not ?
> Also, should I always add a -ofps 50 ?
>
> Thanks!
yes, you need to tell mencoder that the output will be indeed 50fps,
and for that the input -fps needs to be also 50.   For what its worth,
you can probably use yadif=1 to get a slightly better quality, and for
some reason it seems to perform better at deinterlacing my live tv
viewing from a pvr150 card.

Mike