[MEncoder-users] duplicate frame(s) message ?

Pierre Catello pierre.catello at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 16:44:23 CET 2006

2006/12/1, Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl>:

Interlaced PAL material is 50 fields per second, but 25 _frames_ per second.
> After deinterlacing, it is still 25 frames per second.

It depends on the way your are deinterlacing. My preference goes to BOB type
deinterlacing, as it preserves the original temporal resolution.

It looks like you are trying to output 50 frames per second, in which case

Yes

every frame will be duplicated. But I don't know for sure, as you didn't

The frames should not be duplicated as they should be different. There are
very few doc on yadif, but in my understanding in mode 3 it is a "BOB" type
deinterlacer which outputs one frame from each field ("guessing" half of the
lines from either interpolation, or may be from the previous field if it can
detect low motions I don't know how smart this filter is).

post your command line(s).

Example (lavc pass 2):

mencoder input.dv.avi -oac copy -vf yadif=3:1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:vbitrate=2500:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3:predia=3:dia=3:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:precmp=3:cmp=3:subcmp=3:preme=2:qns=2:mpeg_quant:vpass=2
-o test-lavc.avi -fps 50 -ofps 50

Pierre