[MEncoder-users] subtitling

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 12:24:06 CEST 2006

2006/8/21, Evgeniy Stepanov <eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com>:

> Hardcoded subtitles are evil, because they confuse codec's motion estimation.

I understand this... but I need to do it because my player does not
support subtitles...

> Still, the problem is usualy not that big as you say. Are you sure that you
> are using 2-pass encoding and bitrate is high enough ?

I'm using the same bitrate of the original avi (obtained by a script).
The picture looks very very well, with the ONLY exception of the FIRST
subtitle that appears on the screen. Sometimes I adds a dot (".") in
the very start of the picture to trigger the problem at the beginning.
Then some seconds later starts the real subtitles and this looks OK.

> Exact command line and mencoder output (with -v) will be helpful.

Now I'm not at home, where is the script that I use. In a few hours I
will send tha exact mencoder command lines that I am using.

--
Alejandro Vargas