[MEncoder-users] Sony DSC-M1 and Philips DVP642

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Sat Aug 19 19:01:41 CEST 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 05:50:51AM -0500, Rick Richardson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 10:33:40PM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> > >
> > > This won't play on my Philips DVP642 player.  Video is nice, but no audio.
> >
> > The DVP642 does not support aac audio.
>
> Do you know any players that do?

No. This web site http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers has the description of
many palyers, but it does not allow you to do a search for aac audio.
It probably means that there are very few players that support aac.
I have seen some dvd players that carry the logo mpeg-4 instead of the
divx logo, may be some of these players can play also aac?

> I'll just buy it and be done!!!
>
> Really, I would like to take Sony DSC-M1 directly off the camera with
> NO mencoder processing at all.  For sure, I don't want to encode the
> video at all, just copy it.

If you send me a small (few seconds) sample, I can do some test with
mencoder and my DVP642 and let you know what are the results.

Giacomo