[MEncoder-users] DVDrip with avc copy

Sergio scostas at det.uvigo.es
Wed Aug 16 20:40:41 CEST 2006

Hi all:

Recently I ripped an unprotected DVD using

	mencoder dvd://1 -oac copy -ovc copy -o test.avi

The video played fine with mplayer under Linux, but I was unable to
watch it under windows, only hear it.

Where can I find a codec that allows me to play (and, in generall, get
access to) that files?

I need a DirectShow codec because I need to edit that videos. Since I
have to do it with a lot of DVDs, the copy option is much atractive,
since it needs much less time than recompressing the video.

Thanks in advance.

--
Nos leemos
		         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)