[MEncoder-users] Convert TSCC videocodec in wmv-format to play on WMP 9

boudewijn jonkers bdljonkers at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 10:23:42 CEST 2006

Thanx for your response.

  I have converted the file to the MS MPEG-4 codec in avi-format (i'm sorry, but i used SC Video Converter for this) and it now plays on my Ipaq 2210 in a respectable quality and a respectable size. On my ppc i use TCPMP to play the video. Maybe this also works for MAC-users, while they too can't play the TSCC codec.

RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
  On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 05:36:00 -0700 (PDT)
boudewijn jonkers wrote:

> Does anybody know how i can convert the wmv-files with the TSCC-codec
> to a wmv, or other, file without the TSCC codec? Converting to another
> format will not be a problem.

If you can play it with MPlayer, you can reencode it with mencoder.

If you want general tips on encoding, there is documentation on the
website, and you can search the mailing list archives.

If you have a particular problem/question, you need to include more
info, and be more specific.