[MEncoder-users] Want a sample command to convert files to FLV

howard chen howachen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 08:52:27 CEST 2006

On 8/12/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:57:23 +0800
> "howard chen" <howachen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I assume Mencoder will auto correct the sync for me by dropping or
> > duplicating frame?
>
> As long as you don't use -noskip or -mc 0...  Yes, as best it can.
>
> > Another problem is I can't get the source frame rate data via
> > "-identify" command.
>
> Covered multiple times by me on these lists lately.
>
> > If using FFmpeg, the problem of A/V sync is acceptable no matter what
> > the source frame-rate, but using Mencoder, the difference is bigger.
>
> And you've never bothered to include the command-lines you're trying to
> use with either one, so what do you expect anyone to tell you?

sorry first...

for mencoder, i use:

/usr/local/mplayer/bin/mencoder /tmp/3.wmv -oac mp3lame -vf
scale=320:240,harddup -lavcopts
vcodec=flv:vbitrate=200:cbp:mv0:mbd=2:trell:v4mv:predia=2:dia=2:last_pred=3
-of lavf -lameopts br=64 -ovc lavc -ofps 25 -srate 22050 -o /tmp/out.flv

for ffmpeg, i use:

ffmpeg -i /tmp/3.wmv -y -ab 64 -ar 22050 -b 200 -r 25 -s 320*240 /tmp/out.flv

i found that the A/V sync of mencoder is a little bit out of sync
(very little, BUT noticable), while ffmpeg is okay. Of coz I can use
ffmpeg, but ffmpeg's support of WMV is not as good as Mencoder...

Thanks for any comment...