[MEncoder-users] mpeg1 video not playable on QuickTime player

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Tue Aug 8 21:06:07 CEST 2006

P. W. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used the following command to convert a wmv file to
> a mpeg1 file on linux box. The resulted video can be
> played fine using mplayer or windows media player.
> However, when I tried to play it using QuickTime
> player, it only played audio, no video showing. So, I
> would really appreciate some suggestions on what would
> be the right way to do such conversion.

Quicktime has it's own format (both the container *and* the contents).

With the command below, you create an MPEG-File which Quicktime simply
doesn't support.

Try "-o test.mov" (which will create the correct container). I'm not
sure how you have to encode the contents, though (ie. what content is
supported by Quicktime).

Regards,

http://www.philmann-dark.de/