[MEncoder-users] Skipping frames while copying video

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Aug 6 23:31:56 CEST 2006

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 22:38:07 +0200
Aaron Digulla <digulla at hepe.com> wrote:

> The key point: It doesn't. By skipping frames, I end up with more
> audio than video.

Well I could have said "trying to maintain sync", but I assumed that
would be clear.  Most importantly, did you try disabling it by adding
"-mc 0" (with/without -noskip)? You did not mention what effect
it had, if any.

You said it was also duplicating frames, so it's not (just) shortening
the video.  Do you know audio was exactly the same length as video in
all your source files to begin with?

> Maybe this is a bug. Do you want to have a look at the input material?
> I could upload a small file (4MB) which doesn't work.

Always a good idea.