[MEncoder-users] Skipping frames while copying video

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Sun Aug 6 22:38:07 CEST 2006

RC wrote:

>> So I tried to force 30fps with "-ofps 30" and I added "-noskip" but to
>> no avail. Why is mencoder skipping frames while copying a video?
>
> To maintain a/v sync.  Use -mc 0 to override.

The key point: It doesn't. By skipping frames, I end up with more audio
than video. Maybe this is a bug. Do you want to have a look at the input
material? I could upload a small file (4MB) which doesn't work.

My guess is that mencoder gets confused because the audio has such a
strange frequency (8KHz).

Regards,

http://www.philmann-dark.de/