[MEncoder-users] Filter large dots

Marco brbromo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 18:37:11 CEST 2006

> hqdn3d should work.  I suspect you might need a fairly large "time"
> value to remove such film effects.

I tried, even with very high values (eg. hqdn3d=0:0:20).
Dots are smaller, but always present. The movie is damaged, instead.

On 4/23/06, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 07:40:38PM +0200, Marco wrote:
> What you really want is a sort of median denoiser. Unfortunately
> mplayer/mencoder does not have such a filter. You could try:
Yes, I think that median filtering is needed. Maybe, it could be
possible to apply it only on dots which are not present in the next or
the previous frame (with position tolerance).

> -vf pp=md,rotate=1,pp=md,rotate=2
My MPlayer dev-CVS-060322-18:40-4.0.3 doesn't find the pp fitler.

Bye,
Marco