[MEncoder-users] Converting wmv to wmv

Ko Ko kkl_sg at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 03:36:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

  I manage to encode other movie format like avi, mpg and mpeg without much problems. I am actually trying to shorten the movie length to make some preview clips for my website. But when it comes to wmv format i cannot encode wmv to wmv. I can encode wmv to avi. But this is not exactly what I want. Normally how I encode is

  mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2 $upfile -o $imagepath/$filename -endpos 10

  This codes produce 10 seconds video clip of my uploaded file to the specified file path on the server. But it doesn't really work for wmv. Is there any codecs available to encode wmv to wmv and how?

  Regards,
  Ko Ko

Reality starts with Dream