[MEncoder-users] Mencoder - Strange CSS issues and DVD reading issues

Nig nkarnold at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 18:46:40 CEST 2006

Im using Mencoder -MinGW-20060323-4.1.0 under Win32 (XP)

Im getting really strange results trying to open some DVD's

Example 1

DVD is Black Hawk Down Region 2
mencoder -dvd-device F:\   dvd://1    <rest of params> ....

shows
Encrypted VOB file! Read DOCS/HTML/en/cd-dvd.html.
and terminates

However, if I change F:\ to F:\VIDEO_TS   it works

Now for the REALLY strange bit.

This is also true, when I try it on my laptop PC (again same mencoder build)

Sometimes specifying F:\    Works fine, sometimes mencoder just sits there
for ages and never starts, after saying DVD opened

Sometimes specifying F:\VIDEO_TS works fine, sometimes it again, just sits
there after saying DVD opened.

Any ideas

Thanks again