[MEncoder-users] Removing Commercials with Mencoder and EDL

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 04:11:09 CEST 2006

I am still having difficulty getting edl to remove the
commercials from my mpeg2 encoded file.

Here is the line I am trying to use with mencoder:

mencoder "That 70s Show.mpg" -edl "That 70s Show.edl"
-hr-edl-seek -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -oac lavc
-ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:keyint=15:acodec=ac3
-o "That 70s Show_clean.mpg"

It is an NTSC MPEG2 Stream off of my Comcast Cable.

Any suggestions as to why it is not removing the
commercials?

Is this the best method for removing commercials while
recoding the file back to its original format?

Thank you for your help.

Respectfully,

Gary

--- Reimar Döffinger