[MEncoder-users] Re: low fps flash video (flv)

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Mon Apr 3 19:50:19 CEST 2006

RC wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 08:09:09 -0700
> Jon Drukman <jsd at cluttered.com> wrote:
>
>> what command line did you use?
>
> Just the basics:
>
> -of lavf -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts
> vcodec=flv -srate 44100

i got the same results with that.  the original video is here:
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3TZSTQZCO19GU1KOSCNVNBKX07

(997KB quicktime mov)

here's what -identify says:

QuickTime/MOV file format detected.
--------------
MOV track #0: 185 chunks, 194 samples
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
Image size: 160 x 120 (24 bpp)
Display size: 160 x 120
Fourcc: cvid  Codec: 'Cinepak'
--------------
MOV: longest streams: A: #-1 (0 samples)  V: #0 (194 samples)
VIDEO:  [cvid]  160x120  24bpp  0.750 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=saturn_spoke.mov
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=cvid
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=160
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=120
ID_VIDEO_FPS=0.750
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_LENGTH=15

if you can come up with a command that will generate a proper flv
version, i'd be indebted.

>>  i'm building on a 32 bit intel box and migrating the binary to an
>>  x86_64 dual opteron so i can use the Win32 binary dll's.
>
> You lost me on that last bit.  You can use the win32 dlls on Intel x86
> Linux just as easily.

not if you compile mencoder in 64 bit mode.  the run time loader won't
load a 32 bit dll into a 64 bit binary.

it's probably possible to compile a 32 bit mencoder on a 64 bit system
but i haven't been able to figure it out.

-jsd-