[MEncoder-users] DV 720x576

GeBu gebu at seznam.cz
Sat Apr 1 00:20:51 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have DV camera and when I download video to PC it has
resolution 720x576 (5:4) but inside it has 16:9. When I play the
video the picture is tapered in many players (mplayer, VideoLAN).
Windows Media Player is Ok.
I would like to change it without reencoding (to let it in DV
format).
Is it possible?
I used "-force-avi-aspect 16/9" with -ovc copy. It helps for
playing in mplayer, but VideoLAN it show tapered video again.
Do I need to resize to 1024x576 maybe to 720x405.
I would like to change aspect to 4:3 and resize video to 720x576,
640x480, 360x288 or 320x240 without reencoding (to let it in DV
format).
Is it possible?
Any idea how to work with video from DV camera?
Jirka (GeBu)