[MEncoder-users] Make movie file from DVD

miguel gmail miguel.listas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 00:25:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 9/26/05, Anthony <anthony at pucho.com> wrote:
> Can Mencoder make movie file from unencrypted DVD?
> Any clues appreciated.

I am using the following command:

mencoder dvd://1 -o foobar.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1800:nr=200:mbd=2:v4mv:trell -vf scale -zoom -xy
512 -oac mp3lame

I also may add language options like "-alang es" (audio language
output) or "-slang en" (subtitle language).

The foobar.avi file in my case is about 1 - 1-5 GB size, depending, of
course, on the movie.

Dont ask me how it works, for the moment, i am happy to see that it does work.

HTH

--
Saludos,
miguel