[MEncoder-users] Mencoder and FLV (Flash video)

RyES RyES ryes540 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 00:54:51 CEST 2005

Hello everyone, I'm new to the list but have been using Mencoder for some
time now.  Guillaume mentioned to me that flv encoding should work in
mencoder now.  Right now I have mencoder output to mjpeg and then convert to
flv with ffmpeg, which sucks.

As noted in the latest DOCs
(http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-libavcodec.html), flv is now
a supported libavcodec codec.  Unfortunately I could not get it to work at
all.

This works in ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -y -i 1.avi -ar 22050 -acodec mp3 -vcodec flv 2.flv

But in mencoder nothing works, this is one of the commands I tried, I tried
hundreds of variations:
mencoder 1.avi -o 2.flv -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=flv:acodec=mp3:abitrate=56 -srate 22050
Something comes out, but nothing plays correctly.

You can get a flv player here:
http://www.martijndevisser.com/archives/000021.php

I already donated $100 to mplayer when the server died, but since this is
important for my company, I will donate another $100 to mplayer or pay the
person that gives me the working command.  The person can choose if they
want the money or if they want it donated in their name.  I must be about to
repro it on my computer.

Thanks,
Ryan