[MEncoder-users] RGB => YV12 conversion

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Wed Sep 21 22:42:54 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 21. September 2005 22:18 schrieb Michael Niedermayer:
> > Xvid often looks better if you forget to use a postprocessing filter
> > at playback time.
>
> do you maybe have some short sample which shows this effect?
> just curious, i suspect its easy to make lavc behave that way too
> optionally, maybe simply tuning some ME parameters is enough ...

Unfortunately not, because I most often use lavc + pp=ac.

But some time ago I have seen a few samples where low bitrate encodings
with xvid were slightly unsharp, while libavcodec showed more block
artefacts. I don't know if this behaviour still can be observed with
recent versions.

Regards,
  Matthias