[MEncoder-users] low quality decrypt

miguel gmail miguel.listas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:17:50 CEST 2005

Hi,

> > This did the trick. The only ´problem´ is that the ouput file is quite
> > big (1.9GB), but in my case it´s not an issue. Quality is really good
> > now.
>
> Ah, I'll bet the source had pcm (raw) audio. You can add this
> option:
>
>  -oac mp3lame
>
> And if your output file is much smaller, then your source had pcm
> audio.

God, you are right! The size went down from 1.9G to 0.9G! Thanks!
As an aside note. I noticed that when using the right/left arrow keys,
it seemed like the movie was longer; This is, the status bar of the
movie seemed to be about 25% longer. The movie finished when there was
remaining yet about 20-25% of the bar. This doesnt happen now.

> Sorry if the nomenclature is difficult. I've been at this for almost
> 3 years and some of the terminology still baffles me.

My fault!
Just copy&paste work for now :-)
At the moment i am happy to make it work. When i have a little more
time i will go deeper into the mplayer documentation to understand
what i am really doing, and what alternatives i have... just for fun.

Many many thanks to you (and the co-listers) to help me with this
issue with detailed instructions (or comments).

--
Saludos,
miguel