[MEncoder-users] RGB => YV12 conversion

Julien Lancien calexicoz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:37:40 CEST 2005

In fact, I was asking the question because I was wondering if there
was any quality impact of the colorspace when compressing in MPEG4.
I'm almost sure that this is not the case, but I was thinking
something like : 1000 kbits/s in YV12 is like 2000 kbits/s in RGB24.

So is there any influence of the colorspace ?

I also got another question, which I guess is much debated: which do
you prefer of xvid and libavcodec ?

I must precise that I don't care about time, only about quality at
bitrates between 1000 and 2000 for DVD resolution.

Thanks for all the help.