[MEncoder-users] low quality decrypt

miguel gmail miguel.listas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:12:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Yes. :) First, make sure you have something tasty to eat, some of your
> favourite beverage and a lot of time. Then embark upon the journey through

I like that part :-)

> the marvelous MPlayer documentation found at
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html .
> Pay special attention to chapters 7 and 8, which go into detail on the
> mysteries of video encoding using MEncoder.

Really, I tried to do so. But i simply couldnt understand much. My
problem is that i know nothing about image/video processing. To be
honest, i tried with the spanish version, but i see now it is some out
of date. And i get lost with the english version.

However, the real problem _for me_ is, imho, the high level (or not
for novice) of the help. I think it requires a previous knowledge of
video stream, formats, etc etc

Newcommers, like me, just pretend to decryp a dvd without having a
deep knowledge of all the posibilities that mencoder provides.

As time goes by, i will try to impruve my output files, once i get a
deeper knowledge and practice with mencoder.

> If you have any _specific_ questions later, please ask them here
> or at our friendly IRC channel #mplayer at irc.freenode.net.

Uff, i really tried. But i simply ignore what to ask! For example,
Phil Ehrens provided a completely new light to me by saying:

> The default bitrate is rather low for a resolution of 1024x800.

Uuau! So i can change it! Or, ´wtf is a bitrate, how does it affects
me, and what can i do change it?´ were my first thoughts. Hope you see
my point now.

Imho, there is a big gap between beginners knowledge and the level of
the help provided by mplayer documentation (which, on the other hand,
is really extensive and it full documents all the options availabe in
mplayer/mencoder).

> Have fun!

I try all the time! :-)

Thanks for the comments.