[MEncoder-users] wmv>>mpeg4

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Sep 19 18:21:22 CEST 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:43:48 +0200
Federico 'Pain' Pistono <fppain at gmail.com> wrote:

> What, like the WHOLE output? I thought that it was pointless to output
> all the equal lines of duplicated frames and time remaining...

You can eliminate those lines with -quiet, and include everything
else.  In this case, however, it pointed out that you weren't using -
ofps, so you're getting a 1000fps AVI file.  With WMV files, you really
have to guess an approximate frame-rate (eg 24/25/30), and use that as
your OFPS value to prevent getting millions of duplicate frames.

> Anyways, I attach the output, the file, and the not-working script,
> maybe they'll be useful, since I don't get what you need to know....

I read the output you attached, and didn't see any segfault/crash/
errors of any kind.

I ran your script on the sample file you attached, and it encoded just
fine (although with thousands of duplicate frames).  The output
1.wmv.avi file plays just fine.  This was with dev-CVS-050907