[MEncoder-users] wmv>>mpeg4

Federico 'Pain' Pistono fppain at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 21:29:46 CEST 2005

Hi. I have this wmv3 file that my PB does not read, since thare are no
dll for PPC architecture, hence I need to reencode it into a decent
format.

This script won't do it, give me a clue please.

[Pain@[Pain] cat /usr/local/bin/divixa
#!/bin/bash

BITRATE=$2
opt=mpeg4:psnr:mv0:cbp:trell:mbd=2:keyint=125:naq:v4mv:vlelim=-4:vcelim=7:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01:tcplx_mask=0.01:scplx_mask=0.01:vratetol=32000:vbitrate=$BITRATE

# Go through all specified videos
for VIDEO in $1*
do
  mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=$opt:vpass=1 "$VIDEO"
-o /dev/null
  mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=$opt:vpass=2 "$VIDEO"
-o "$VIDEO".avi
done

It does the pass1 right, bu then it goes on segmentation fault:

 [mpeg4 @ 0x85bb3c0]requested bitrate is to low
Could not open codec.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
/usr/local/bin/divixa: line 8: 19642 Segmentation fault      mencoder
-oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=$opt:vpass=2 "$VIDEO" -o
"$VIDEO".avi
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===
Cannot open demuxer.
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===
Cannot open demuxer.

I am recompiling the Mplayer from current cvs, the version I used for
the examples is the one of a few weeks ago.

In any case even if I do the single step it does not work well at all,
and regardless of the fact that I input 200 as bitrate it does it at a
very low one, which it cannot identify even with the -forceidx.

Am I doing something wrong? I suppose so, please help.

Regards,
Fede

--
  Federico Pistono
  Department of Computer Science - Verona, Italy