[MEncoder-users] converting multiple audio streams

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Sep 17 00:24:58 CEST 2005

On Friday, 16 September 2005 at 05:06, José Queiroz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a XviD coded AVI, which I need to convert to DivX. But the
> movie have 2 audios (both AC3)

Hm. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. Both XviD and DivX
are implementations of MPEG-4. It's like trying to convert an Opel to
a Vauxhall. It's still an Opel, even though the name is different.

> Tried a simple "-oac copy", but this only copies one of the two streams.
> Using "-aid #" allowed me to choose which of the streams to copy, but
> I want both of them.
>
> Searching a little, I saw that this is a limitation of mencoder. Is this right?
>
> If not, how can I do it?

I'd recommend using another container format, like Matroska. This has the
added benefit that MPlayer can switch audio streams on the fly when
playing Matroska files.

R.