[MEncoder-users] The best quality OSS mpeg2 encoder?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 21:09:26 CEST 2005

Joe Friedrichsen wrote:

> I've started to make films recently using linux and I've been trying
> to find the best mpeg2 encoder for making DVD compliant video. After
> reading the news groups for a while, I realized this is one of those
> never-fully-answered, and always-asked questions. I decided to at
> least do some looking around beforehand to help alleviate the
> eye-rolling.

<snip>

Um... when I said that you might want to go to the MEncoder-users
mailing list instead, I didn't mean that it would be a good idea for you
to re-post the exact same message you'd already posted to two other
mailing lists - *including* the parts of it which have already been
unambiguously *answered*. Yes, there are aspects of the issue which have
not been addressed in detail, but at least three of the
paragraph-concluding questions - "how intertwined are these tools?",
"which versions?", and "is this accurate?" have already been answered -
in at least one case, by more than one person.

Since your situation has changed, in that you now have more information
than you had before, it would have been polite to - at the least -
re-phrase the parts in question to indicate that you have the answers
and convey briefly your understanding of what those answers are.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.