[MEncoder-users] Mencoder and AVI headers

Pete Davis pete at petedavis.net
Thu Sep 8 18:28:29 CEST 2005

> Pasquale Federico Zema wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> >

> >>Show us exactly what command line you used. Otherwise we can't help. The
> >>log from MPlayer playing your file with -v would be useful, too.
> >>

> >Ok! Unfortunately, it is running on my PC at home. I'll post the details
> >tonight.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Federico
> >

> very likely xine doesn't recognize the new FMP4 fourcc assigned to
> lavc's mpeg4

I almost made that response myself, but I'm fairly sure the pre7 build
didn't default to FMP4, since that's what I believe I started with and had
no problems until I later updated to a CVS build (my hardware player didn't
recognize FMP4). I could be wrong, though.

If it is the FMP4 fourcc, that can be changed with -ffourcc DIVX on the
command line (it doesn't have to be DIVX. It can be any common, compatible
4CC code like DX50 or XVID)

Pete