[MEncoder-users] How to make FinalCutPro files ?

Pete Davis pete at petedavis.net
Fri Sep 2 19:40:01 CEST 2005

> On Friday 02 September 2005 13:09, juha s. wrote:
>
> > No audio encoder (-oac) selected. Select one (see -oac help) or use
> > -nosound.
>
> Erm. It tells you what's wrong and it even tells you how to correct it.

In the original poster's defense, this could be a bit more clear. I mean,
yes, the message is very specific and tells you how to fix it, but that's
not what I mean. My opinion is that it should say, before that: "Error: ..."

If you look up about 10 lines, you've got: File not found: 'frameno.avi'
followed by: Failed to open frameno.avi

To someone unfamiliar with mencoder, these might look as much like errors as
the last line.

>From all the output, I don't think it would always be entirely obvious to
someone new to mencoder exactly what the problem is. Whereas, if the message
at the end were:

"ERROR: No audio encoder (-oac) selected. Select one (see -oac help) or use
-nosound."

That would be much more obvious.

Not a big deal, just a simple opinion on UI.

Pete