[MEncoder-users] audio sync failure

Uzu Maki tsukune at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 10:12:17 CET 2005

"
Have a look at the docs:
http://www4.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/encoding-guide.html
"

I did look... but I guess I left out this part:
"
Please note that MEncoder currently cannot mux Vorbis audio tracks into the
output file because it only supports AVI and MPEG containers as an output,
each of which may lead to audio/video playback synchronization problems with
some players when the AVI file contain VBR audio streams such as Vorbis.
"
I tried your "-oac copy" way and with the ac3 resulting file there is no
sound delay.
I tried to encode the ac3 in wav > still works
but with wav to ogg (average and constant bitrate) > delay +++

This is odd... I repeat, with <2Go files this does not occur even with the
-nosound option...

Anyway, I'm encoding to mp3 right now... we'll see... but I'm sorry to have
to give up the ogm format...

François