[MEncoder-users] mencoder GUI/frontend for Linux

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:24:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 10/10/05, Tomáš Bažant <tomas.bazant at rozhlas.cz> wrote:
> Paul Smith wrote:
> > Dear All
> >
> > Is there some GUI/frontend for Linux?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,

> i'm working on one - gavi2dvd - written in perl::Gtk2, and soon it will
> be freely available. I'll write links to this mailing list

Do you plan to implement a compression test? This basically consist in
encoding at constant quant 2 a certain percentage (5-7% is enough) of
the movie, taking for instance 20 sequences at 20 equally reparteed
moments of the movie, in order to have an idea how well the movie
compresses.

This compression check is implemented in tuxrip and gardian knot, but
I'm not aware of any other front-end that feature it.

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!
  -- Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski