[MEncoder-users] Converting NTSC DVD to PAL DVD

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 7 10:30:26 CEST 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 04:07:49PM +0930, n0dalus wrote:
> What is the best way to convert an NTSC DVD to a PAL DVD?

If it's a movie or other film-framerate content, just speed it up with
-speed 25025/24000 and -ofps 25 and rescale the video to 576 lines. If
it's interlaced, there is no valid way to do the conversion. Anything
you do will just butcher the quality to hell.

> I would like to convert the menus too, if possible.

You'll need other tools for this. MEncoder/MPlayer don't do anything
with dvd menus.

Rich